Educators who attend a Google Teacher Academy become Google Certified Teachers.
Google Certified Teachers are:
- Exceptional educators with a passion for using innovative tools to improve teaching and learning.
- Creative leaders who understand their local needs and can spread innovation as a recognized expert.
- Ambassadors for change who model high expectations, life-long learning, collaboration, equity & inclusion, and innovation.
Google Certified Teachers are expected to:
- Develop a "Personal Action Plan."
- Lead at least three local professional development activities over the course of 12 months.
- Successfully deploy one school on to Google Apps for Education.
- Actively participate in the Google Certified Teacher Online Community.
- Share the impact of their work with other Google Certified Teachers through an end-of-year reflection.
In addition to a free day of training, Google Certified Teachers get:
- Access to the GCT Online Community.
- Access to additional free educational resources.
- Opportunities to give Google feedback on educational uses of tools.
- Invitations to join Google at special events.
- The right to post the GCT web badge on their website or blog.